There are a variety of issues that can present when working with attachments in Autotask. If an attachment is supposed to be in an email but is not, please refer to the following:
- Connect to your email account via web access (or other method), and make sure that there is an attachment on the email.
- Verify that the attachment is within the following parameters, based on the type of action you are taking:
- AddTicket Email System (ATES) - 5 MB
- Autotask Webservices API (ATWS) - 2 MB
- If an attachment is over 5MB and under 10MB, it can only be added to Autotask by hand. Files over 10MB are not supported.
- Verify that the file is of a type which is acceptable in Autotask: AXX, BMP, CFG, CONF, CONFIG, CSV, DOC, DOCM, DOCX, DTF, EFX, EPS, EXP, GIF, HTM, HTML, ICF, INI, JPEG, JPG, LIC, MD5, MDB, MHT, MP3, MP4, MPP, MSG, NPR, PCF, PDF, package, PNG, PPT, PPTX, RAR, RCF, RDP, RPT, RTF, SNP, SQL,SWF, TAR, TIF, TIFF, TVS, TXT, VML, VSD, WAV, WPD, WRI, XLS, XLSM, XLSX, XML, XSN, ZIP.