🕫 NEW 🕫- Kaseya Certified Expert Training Camp launches on 8/23. Class size is limited. Learn more > https://www.community.connectit.com/events/28-kaseya-certified-expert-traincamp-august-23rd-september-2nd

Remove Windows 10 non essential apps

Craig Allen
Craig Allen Member, Kaseya Certified CHOCOLATE MILK
edited January 24 in Solutions

Product Name: Remove Windows 10 non essential apps

Description : An Agent procedure to remove the 'unremovable' apps from Windows 10. Apps included in this procedure: Xbox, Office hub, Solitaire, Finance, News, Sports, Weather. Once run you may need to move the remaining tiles to fill in the gaps.

Instructions :

Import the Procedure via either the Import Center or through the Import Folder\Procedure option in the Agent Procedure Module.  Once available the procedure can be scheduled directly or alternatively called within another procedure via the executeProcedure statement.

The procedure will give the user if not already escalated Admin permissions for 5 minutes to run the uninstall and then will drop the escalated privileges.

Comments

• Jason Pastor
    Jason Pastor Member
    edited September 2017
    Just so you know it's working all good here.
  • Jesse Donk
    Jesse Donk Member
    edited May 2018
    This script helped me out ALOT! thnx!
    However, is there a way to run this silent? now it reports on the desktop, and thats not always handy.
  • Robin Mascall
    Robin Mascall Member
    edited July 2018

Just be careful when running the script. If you are logged in with an account that has admin rights, this script will remove those rights.

• Gertjan
    Gertjan Member CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited July 2019

How do remove the option so i does note delete the admin rights of the logged in user (sorry im a script-noob)?

• Alvaro Pleitez
    Alvaro Pleitez Member CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited July 2019

Is there a way to run it silently, without the notification? furthermore is there a way to run it without the giving users admin rights 

• Paul Downs
    Paul Downs Member
    edited July 2019

I agree with the above comment (Alvaro Pleitez) -- I ended up causing quite a rush at my desk...

• Eric Peacock
    Eric Peacock United StatesMember CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited July 2019

This script is outdated. There are many more and different Win10 apps bundled currently.
    Additionally, the script can run as system (Kaseya agent default these days) to remove some apps system-wide, but there should be another section to run as the logged in user to remove other apps. Uninstalling apps as user should not require admin rights.

• Gertjan
    Gertjan Member CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited July 2019

Would love to see this one updated. Any work on this still?

• Fernando
    Fernando Member
    edited July 2019

It works great for me. I updated the apps. Send me an email to [email protected] and I will reply you with the Script. 

• mikememe
    mikememe AtlantaMember, IT Pro CHOCOLATE MILK

Is there any update for this script? Getting import error due to bad formatting on the xml

• mikememe
    mikememe AtlantaMember, IT Pro CHOCOLATE MILK

Is there any update for this script? Getting import error due to bad formatting on the xml

• Matthew Brokamp
    Matthew Brokamp Member CHOCOLATE MILK

Once again! Any update for this script? I'm also receiving an import error due to bad formatting on the xml.

Thank you!

M~

• Matthew Brokamp
    Matthew Brokamp Member CHOCOLATE MILK

Once again! Any update for this script? I'm also receiving an import error due to bad formatting on the xml. See below.

Thank you!

M~

Weekly Leaderboard