Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 week from all of us at the Connect IT Community! Our US offices will be closed beginning on Thursday, November 24, 2022 in recognition of the holiday. Limited Support staff in the US will be on-call and available for critical Service(s) Down issues only. Normal Support operations in the US will resume on Monday, November 28th, 2022.

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10

Reza Gholami
Reza Gholami Member
edited January 24 in Solutions

Product Name: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10

Version: 1.0

Description : This will perform an entire Operating System upgrade, it is recommended to perform a backup and/or system restore point before proceeding with the OS upgrade.
The workstation will be restarted as part of the procedure.
The whole process takes between 45 minutes and 2 hours until the workstation can be used again.
It is recommended to update Rapid Technology driver and remove Microsoft security essential before you run this script.
It is also recommended to have at least 20 GB free on the endpoint before running the procedure, otherwise the procedure could fail without giving any error message.
This listing does not require to upload any files. It will download a file directly form Microsoft to perform the upgrade.
It will reboot the computer automatically.
Please use it and give me review if you found it useful.

Reza Gholami
[email protected]

Instructions :

It's recommend to following this steps before running the script:

1- Update Rapid Technology driver and BIOS if it's possible.

2- Uninstall any software that is not compatible with Windows 10 such as Windows security essential.

3- Set power option to not sleep on hard drive.

Comments

• Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member
    edited March 2020

I tried running this on a machine last night 3/3/2020. All it did was download the upgrade program. It never started the install. Do I need to remove the Antivirus before this will kick off on my next machine? That is the only thing I can think why it would not kick off.

• Edwin
    Edwin Member
    edited March 2020
    I ran this on a Windows 7 device and it worked great. I did remove Microsoft Security Essentials from the Windows 7 device prior to the upgrade. Security Essentials is not compatible with Windows 10 and can cause issues. The update worked on my machine and it did not have any AV on at the time of the upgrade.
  • christopher caravaglia
    edited March 2020

had the same problem with a couple of  HP 4300 just would not install , the other 10 different models i converted  worked ok. i tried uninstalling all the printer drivers and utilities and the graphics card drives as suggested and still it would not work, got frustrated and just downloaded the microsoft mediacreationtool1909 and told it to upgraded this pc , worked great then. of course it was only a few, did it remotely

• Arjun
    Arjun Member CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited March 2020

This script  will work for windows 7 32 bit?

• Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member
    edited March 2020

Update: I have run the procedure several time since my first post and have had success every time. I remove any antivirus before running and have no issues. Great work!! Thank you!!

• Alex Lee
    Alex Lee Member
    edited June 2020

FYI - this only seems to work for Windows 7 Home or Professional versions.

The Windows10Upgrade9252.exe that this procedure is based on will NOT run on Windows 7 Enterprise OS's.

The EXE stops with a message:  Windows 10 will not run on this PC.  Here is why Windows 10 can't be installed:

CPU: OK
    Memory: OK
    Disk space: OK
    ! Operating system:  Contact your system administrator to upgrade Windows Server or Enterprise editions.

• Reza Gholami
    Reza Gholami Member
    edited July 2020

This script still works and it will upgrade it to the latest version of windows 10.

• Laura C
    Laura C Member
    edited July 2020

I have had success upgrading Windows 7 Home/Professional but no luck upgrading Windows  Enterprise.

• Arjun
    Arjun Member CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited March 2021

Hi,

Please let me know to upgrade from Win8 to Win10. Is possible to upgrade with the same script?

• Mike DeArmond
    Mike DeArmond Member
    edited March 2021

Arjun I had one of my techs try this with 8.1 and it worked.