🕫 NEW 🕫- Kaseya Certified Expert Training Camp launches on 8/23. Class size is limited. Learn more > https://www.community.connectit.com/events/28-kaseya-certified-expert-traincamp-august-23rd-september-2nd

Install Agent to New Machine

Kaseya Automation Team
Kaseya Automation Team USMember, Kaseya Certified CHOCOLATE MILK
edited January 24 in Solutions

Product Name: Install Agent to New Machine

Description : This agent procedure will install an agent into a new machine using its IP address.
When the agent procedure is scheduled, it will prompt for a username (domain\username or IP\username), a password and an ip address. If all the information is correct, it will download the default package as well as the kconnect.exe file (required to install an agent into a different machine) and will perform the installation.
Once done it will cleanup all the extra files that were created.
It is possible to set a static username and password by deleting lines 3 and 4. The username and password would have to be included in the command line 20 (which would become 18) instead of #UserName# and #Password#

Instructions :

Upload the procedure with the Import Folder/Procedure tool in the Agent Procedures module under Schedule / Create

Comments

• eduardo.echarri
    edited June 2018

Great Script

It would be good to have the possibility of deploying the temporary agents as well, that are available for 24h's

• Brian Sorrells
    edited September 2019

I'm not sure how this procedure works.  The only way I know to execute a procedure is if I have a machine selected that already has an agent, which defeats the purpose of the procedure.  

• Kaseya Automation Team
    Kaseya Automation Team USMember, Kaseya Certified CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited September 2019

This agent procedure will install an agent into a new machine using its IP address. 
    When the agent procedure is scheduled, it will prompt for a username (domain\username or IP\username), a password and an ip address. If all the information is correct, it will download the default package as well as the kconnect.exe file (required to install an agent into a different machine) and will perform the installation. 

Weekly Leaderboard