Happy Independence Day from all of us at the Connect IT Community! Our US offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th, 2022 in recognition of the holiday. Limited Support staff in the US will be on-call and available for critical Service(s) Down issues only. Normal Support operations in the US will resume on Tuesday, July 5th, 2022.

Password paste

2»

Comments

• Servicedesk Aspect
    edited November 2019

OK guys, so let's make it official - this Aspect tool is retired and AutoHotKey is a simple and effective replacement. Not to mention you can easily assign anything you like to paste the password. The middle mouse button press (MButton) as suggested works fine....

• Ircham Djauhari
    edited December 2019

Does the autohotkey work with the latest Kaseya 9.5.0.14? This wonderful pasteclipboard64 tool just quit working after the upgrade. I am wondering if it is the same with autohotkey

• Nicholas Kontogonis
    edited December 2019

Yep!  I had trouble getting the autohotkey to work until I bound the paste key to the middle mouse.  I read a bunch online and it has to do with some sort of parser that KRC is using now.  Try changing to MButton:: instead and I am sure it will work for you.  Let me know if you want the script I found that actually works!

• Nicholas Kontogonis
    edited December 2019

; Copyright 2017 Brian Dagan

; MIT License:

; Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

; The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

; THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

; If multiple instances are started, this will shut down existing instances and start just this one

#SingleInstance, force

; Define the application name, icon and text strings

ApplicationName = KRC and KLC Force-Paste Helper

ApplicationIconDLL = shell32.dll

ApplicationIconIndex = 261

PasteSuccessful = Successfully force-pasted clipboard's contents into foreground window

PasteFailed = Unable to force-paste clipboard's contents into foreground window (clipboard does not contain text)

AboutText = A utility to force-paste clipboard's contents into the foreground window, inspired by the Kaseya Community (community.kaseya.com)

; Update the tray icon and tray tip to match the branding above

Menu, Tray, Icon, %ApplicationIconDLL%, %ApplicationIconIndex%

Menu, Tray, Tip, %ApplicationName%

; Remove the standard tray icon options and replace with an Exit and About dialog

Menu, Tray, NoStandard

Menu, Tray, Add, &About, About

Menu, Tray, Add, E&xit, Exit

; Set the keystroke delay to 0 (smallest possible delay, normally defaults to 10ms between keystrokes)

SetKeyDelay, 0

; Fire a force-paste when Middle Mouse button is pressed

MButton::

{

; Check the clipboard's format to ensure it contains plain text

If DllCall("IsClipboardFormatAvailable", "Uint", 1) {

; The clipboard contains plain text... send the keystrokes to the foreground window

temp = %Clipboard%

Loop, Parse, temp

{

SendRaw, %A_LoopField%

Sleep 2

Send, {Shift up}

Sleep 2

}

TrayTip, %ApplicationName%, %PasteSuccessful%, 5, 49

} Else {

; The clipboard does not contain plain text, notify the user via. TrayTip

TrayTip, %ApplicationName%, %PasteFailed%, 5, 51

}

Return

}

About:

{

TrayTip, %ApplicationName%, %AboutText%, 5, 49

Return

}

Exit:

{

ExitApp

Return

}

• Ircham Djauhari
    edited December 2019

Hi Nicholas Kontogonis, I use the old script with Ctrl - shift -V and create the .exe with autohotkey. It seems not working well. I will try to change to m:button. It will be helpful if you could share the working script as well. Thank you and appreciate all the info. 

• Ircham Djauhari
    edited December 2019

Thanks so much for sharing the script! 

• Rainer Hubovsky
    edited January 2020

Hello everyone and thank you so much for the script!
    It works well, if bound to the middle mouse button.

The only problem I have is with the the special keys @, €, ~ and |.
    I have  a german keyboard and all these keys are accessed with Alt-Ctrl.

@ = Ctrl-Alt-q
    € = Ctrl-Alt-e
    ~ = Ctrl-Alt-+
    | = Ctrl-Alt-<

I tried using the script to paste in notepad. When I paste eg. @, then all the following characters get a Ctrl-Alt preceded.
    Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

• Chris Behrends
    edited September 2020

The AHK works on all windows you probably don't want you can add before the hotkey MButton::
    #IfWinActive, ahk_exe KaseyaLiveConnect.exe

then add this after the } of that statement
    #IfWinActive

This will make it stop hijacking all others I also created mine to read the ping in the top right so if there is a good connection get rid of the delay.  Hopefully this helps everyone.