Lenovo Warranty Lookup

Richard Gericke
edited January 24 in Solutions

Product Name: Lenovo Warranty Lookup

Version: 1.0

Description : Procedure and Powershell script that calls on Lenovo API to pull system and warranty information from Lenovo, commit the information to local registry, and write the ship date and warranty expiration date to two custom fields in Kaseya.

Instructions :

Download and extract the "Lenovo Warranty Information.zip" file.

The script relies on two custom fields Named "Warranty Exp" and "Purchase Date." These fields must be created before script is imported (or the procedure must be edited to use different fields). The default field names are "Warranty Exp" and "Purchase Date". They can be edited on lines 18, 20, 31, and 33.

Once your fields have been created it is recommended to create a custom view such as "Lenovo - No Warranty Info." You will need to define an Advanced agent data filter and specify *Lenovo* in the "Manufacturer" field, and double quotes "" in the "Warranty EXP" field.

Once your custom fields and views have been created you will want to import the "Invoke-LenovoWarrantyCheck.ps1" file. The default location defined for this file is "shared\Audit\Powershell\Invoke-LenovoWarrantyCheck.ps1".

Once your Powershell script has been imported you will want to import the "Procedure Lenovo Warranty Expiration and Ship Date to Custom Field.xml" The default location for the imported procedure is "Shared\Administrative\Warranty Checks\Lenovo Warranty Expiration and Ship Date to Custom Field."

Finally, it is recommended to create a policy with the "Lenovo - No Warranty Info" view assigned to run this agent procedure automatically against all Lenovo machines that do not have their warranty information populated in Kaseya. You may also consider creating a view and policy that updates this information on a recurring basis if your life-cycle management process involves renewing warranties.

Comments

• Emir Jadadic
    Emir Jadadic Member CHOCOLATE MILK
    edited August 2020

Get errored out on line 6. 

• RICHARD KARL GERICKE
    edited November 2020

I no longer have access to Kaseya so am unable to support this product. I now work for an MSP that utilized another RMM platform.

• Ryan Townsend
    Ryan Townsend Twin Cities, MNMember CHOCOLATE MILK

I'm getting a Failure on Step 6 as well. As the original developer is no longer able to provide assistance; does anyone else have any recommendations?

• Ryan Townsend
    Ryan Townsend Twin Cities, MNMember CHOCOLATE MILK

I'm getting a Failure on Step 6 as well; as the original developer is no longer able to provide assistance;