Display BIOS version in Agent Column

samuel@finkeltron.com
[email protected] Member CHOCOLATE MILK
edited January 24 in Request
Would like to sort machines by BIOS version numbers and release dates.
Tagged:
0 votes

Shipped · Last Updated

https://www.community.connectit.com/automation-exchange/discussion/comment/113927

0 votes

Needs Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom Alessi
    Tom Alessi Member
    edited June 2018

Create two custom fields:
    BIOS Ver as a String
    BIOS Date as a Date

Add those fields to your Column Set

Create the following Procedure:
    getVariable("Registry Value", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS\BIOSVersion", "BIOS.Ver", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")
    getVariable("Registry Value", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS\BIOSReleaseDate", "BIOS.Ver", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")
    updateSystemInfo("BIOS Ver", "#BIOS.Ver", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")
    updateSystemInfo("BIOS Date", "#BIOS.Date", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

Run the Procedure

• Tom Alessi
    Tom Alessi Member
    edited June 2018

My apologies...  The Procedure should read:

getVariable("Registry Value", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS\BIOSVersion", "BIOS.Ver", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")
    getVariable("Registry Value", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS\BIOSReleaseDate", "BIOS.Date", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")
    updateSystemInfo("BIOS Ver", "#BIOS.Ver", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")
    updateSystemInfo("BIOS Date", "#BIOS.Date", "All Windows Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

• samuel@finkeltron.com
    edited June 2018

This works! So Awesome. Only one problem. The date filed does not sort.Screenshot

• Tom Alessi
    Tom Alessi Member
    edited June 2018

True enough.  You can sort if you make the date field a String, but it's going to sort on the initial digit (not useful), not the year (useful).  As such, 1-Jul-18 will come before 2-Jul-02.  To sort as you want, you'll just want to export to Excel and let Excel do the sorting for you.  Excel's smarter than VSA.  You might also be able to sort if you create a Report.  Didn't try.

• samuel@finkeltron.com
    edited June 2018

If I view by machine group it's easy enough to visually parse out the dates. I don't see an export function in the VSA other than creating complicated reports. Thanks for this though. Big help.

• Tom Alessi
    Tom Alessi Member
    edited June 2018

Agent-->Agents-->Manage Agents

The black gear icon on the right is Export.

• samuel@finkeltron.com
    edited June 2018

You're right again. I assumed it was going to be difficult.

• Gonzalo Carrillo
    Gonzalo Carrillo Miami, FLMember, Kaseya Certified, Kaseyan, Automation Exchange Administrator

This discussion has been closed.