Passly supports the user of multiple secondary userrnames on local and Active Directory Sync'd users.
This article explains how to create an Alternative Principal Name (APN) for a synchronized user account in Active Directory.
An APN allows you to create a username that is different from the default username.
To create an APN for a synchronized user account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Domain Controller (DC), and open Active Directory (AD).
- Select View -> Advanced Features from the drop down.
- Select the user for whom you want to add an APN. Next, will right-click the user and select Properties -> Attribute Editor Tab, scroll down and find the proxyAddresses attribute and Edit.
- Add the desired APN username to the Value to add field and click Add. You can add multiple APNs to a given account. Each APN must be unique.
- APNs must not have spaces.
- Click Ok -> Apply -> Ok to confirm the added APNs to the user account.
When the Dirsync Agent checks in with the Passly Tenant, it will update the users profile with the added AD APNs. You can use the default usernames token with any of the APNs you created.