Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an RMM integration with Atera, which gives you information about CPU, memory, disk usage, last reboot, etc.
It should only take about an hour to get up and running with your RMM. This is a rough estimate based on our experience with several partners who integrated with their RMM.
The Atera sync described below will do the following:
- Discovers all customers and devices in Atera
- Matches customers to organizations in IT Glue using the Atera Customer Name field
- Suggests organizations based on name and pattern recognition
- Matches devices to configurations in IT Glue using a MAC address or serial number
- Suggests configurations based on exact name
For more information about the device mappings, see RMM Field Mappings.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- If you're integrating with a PSA and an RMM, you will want to first sync your RMM to your PSA and your PSA to IT Glue to make sure that the required data is available for matching.
- A Manager role will only be able to see RMM matched/unmatched data for organizations that they have explicit access to. To grant access to RMM data for all organizations, refer to Step 7 of our Adding and removing users KB article.
Enter your RMM credentials
- You need to generate dedicated IT Glue API credentials from Atera (API token).
- Log in to IT Glue and navigate to Account > Integrations. Then, click on the green + New button and then on the Atera icon.
- Enter your Atera API token and then click on the Connect button.
Note: If the credentials fail for any reason, syncing will stop until you re-enter your credentials.
- From the Account > Integrations screen, click Actions > Start Manual Sync.
- When the sync is complete, the Status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
IT Glue discovers organizations and configurations and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic can be found in the Introduction of this article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually actioned.
- From the Account Integrations screen, find your RMM in the list and click on Actions > Matching.
- In the Unmatched tab, review the unmatched organizations.
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it.
- If there is no suggested match, or it is incorrect, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To field.
- If no organization exists in IT Glue, you can choose to create an organization. You can also choose to ignore groups, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning. Before creating an organization from the matching screen, ensure that no corresponding organization already exists, otherwise a duplicate will be created.
- If any matches are incorrect, click on Actions > Change Match and select a different organization to match to.
Once all organizations have been matched, the same process should be followed for any unmatched configurations.
- From the Matched tab, choose any organization that has unmatched configurations, click the Actions button, and select Match Devices.
- For any unmatched configurations, you can either accept the suggested match, search for an IT Glue configuration by entering the name in the Match To column, or create a new configuration by clicking Actions > Create Configuration.
- Before you create configurations, first match any of the devices based on MAC addresses or serial number, for example, virtual servers. When you're done matching, you can create (in bulk or individually) any of the remaining devices coming in from your RMM.
Important. We don't recommend that you create configurations from your RMM if you'd like to then have them populate from IT Glue to your PSA. New items created from such data will not sync with your PSA unless you choose to do so manually by editing and saving each and every item. This is absolutely manual and is not recommended.
- Repeat for each organization until all configurations are actioned.
Once everything is matched, the RMM setup is complete. At any time, you can come back to these instructions to discover and match new organizations and configurations from your RMM.
Before an organization, site, location, or company in an RMM tool can sync with IT Glue to create an IT Glue organization, you must add at least one configuration to it. If there are none and the organization does not already exist in IT Glue from any other source, then it will not appear in IT Glue. In this case, you will need to create it manually.
Only RMM companies that have at least one RMM record will sync into IT Glue.