Log in as a Manager or Administrator and go to Account > Settings
A number of account-level settings and services are available for configuration only by Managers and Administrators. Many of these settings are configured when you initially implement IT Glue for your organization.
To access any of the settings described below, log in as a Manager or Administrator and click Account from the top navigation bar. The Settings screen will load in the main pane.
Note: Administrators have access to all tabs that are available under your plan, but users with a Manager role only have access to the General, Branding, and Theme tabs.
There are five tabs on the Settings screen.
- API Keys
Click on the tabs below to learn about each one:
General Branding Authentication API Keys Theme
Click the General tab to view or adjust the following settings:
- Use the Company Name field to change how your company name appears in the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the app and throughout your account.
Note: Before integrating with a PSA, this name should be entered exactly as it appears in your PSA, so that your company data will sync in to your IT Glue organization. When you sync, a link is created. Afterward, you can change the name in IT Glue.
- The IT Glue Web Address is your account's customized URL ("mycompany.itglue.com"). If you need to change your subdomain, submit a support request that includes a timeframe for us to make the change for you.
- Use the Generated Password Length field to specify how long generated passwords should be by default. This setting affects all password fields that use the Generate button to create a random password:
- The Primary Organization is automatically set based on the company name used to create your account. You shouldn't need to change it.
- In the Organizations Sidebar section, pay special attention to how you configure the sidebar, so that you are helping your team navigate your account to find the information you want them to see.
- You can select the Display IT Glue IP addresses in addition to RMM IP addresses checkbox. If the IP addresses that are in your account are out of date, you may want to leave this box unchecked to show only the IP addresses from your RMM. For more information, see What does the 'Display IT Glue IP addresses...' checkbox do?
This option is only visible on RMM integrated accounts.
On Enterprise plans, you can configure your own Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) to support account branding, add your logo using the Header Logo uploader, and select the Hide Footer checkbox to remove the IT Glue footer that's at the bottom of every screen.
The logo displays at the top-left of each screen and on all public facing documents. To upload your own logo, make sure the logo meets the following requirements:
- PNG format
- Maximum dimensions: 200 x 52 pixels
- Recommended: Light coloured logo in a transparent container to preserve the visibility of the logo
The Authentication tab is where you can make changes to how users authenticate to your account:
Note: You can have both SSO and MFA turned on in your IT Glue account, plus set MFA up through your SSO provider. This gives you the highest security for an SSO enabled IT Glue account.
API keys can be managed by end users with an Administrator user role. Two different kinds of API keys can be generated:
1. Warranty Master - To integrate with Warranty Master, see Integrating with Warranty Master.
This option is only available on Enterprise plans.
2. Custom API Keys - You can generate one or more custom API keys for use with the IT Glue API. This provides more control by allowing you to use different keys for different integrations. For security, an optional Password Access setting is provided for each API key. Password values can be accessed from the Passwords API only if this setting is enabled. This option is only available on the current Enterprise plan.
Make sure you keep your API keys as passwords in IT Glue, or another safe location, and revoke them if compromised.
Note: You cannot view an active key again after it has been generated. Once you leave this screen, the full API Key will not be displayed again.
For help using the IT Glue API, see Getting started with the IT Glue API.
New IT Glue partners and partners that are not using interface branding will see a purple-themed navigation bar by default. Partners that are using interface branding will continue to see the Classic theme navigation bar by default.
Both Administrators and Managers can change the colour theme of IT Glue. To change themes, simply click the radio button beside the desired option.
Important Note on custom interface branding:
Custom interface branding is not available on the IT Glue login page if the account-wide theme is set to Default
themes. To ensure that your end users see this branding on the login page, select the Classic
theme by following the steps in this KB article. Then, have your end users follow the steps in our Edit your profile
KB article to select any theme they wish to apply to their user account.
- Log in to your IT Glue account and navigate to Account > Settings.
- Click the Theme tab.
- Click the toggle switches to preview the Default, Classic, and Dark themes.
- Click Save to apply your selected theme immediately.
In the specific IT Glue account you have made changes to, the selected theme will be applied automatically to all users who have chosen the Account
theme option in their profile settings. See our Edit your profile
KB article for more details on how each individual user can select a theme for their user account.