The article explains the steps for exporting all data in one organization or all organizations in your IT Glue account, or all data from a global asset list view.
Data that will be exported using the export feature:
- Core and flexible assets in CSV files representing each asset type
- Documents in HTML format
- Activity logs (These are excluded by default and can optionally be included. Note: Including Activity Logs may slow down your export.)
Content that will not be exported using the export feature:
- All Settings
- Flexible asset templates
- Related items
- Revision histories
- Custom questions or user defined fields in configurations. These fields are entered in a PSA and are only presented as read-only in IT Glue
- You must have Administrator access to IT Glue.
- Each export file is only available to download for 48 hours for security purposes. After that time, you will need to export the data again.
- Passwords will be exported in unencrypted, human-readable format. Be careful with your export files.
- Log in to your IT Glue account and navigate to Account > Export Data.
- Select either Export Entire Account or Export Data for an Organization.
- If you choose to Export Data for an Organization, type in the organization name in the search bar.
- (Optional) To encrypt your export, enter a unique password in the Password field.
- Re-enter your password in the Password confirmation field and click Start Export.
Wait for an email from email@example.com to notify you when your export is ready for download. Use the links included in this email to download the exported ZIP file. You can also download it from the Account > Export Data screen.
Automated Recurring Account Export
Administrators can enable automated account exports to help maintain regular backups of their data in the event of IT Glue being unavailable.
To enable the automated account export:
Choose the option to Export Entire Account and select type Scheduled.
- Configure a schedule (in weeks) to run your automated account export. Select a start date, frequency and, optionally, an end date for your export.
Optional: Encrypt your automated exports.
Optional: Include logs in the exported data (these are excluded by default).
Once an automated account export has completed, use the link in your notification email to download the exported ZIP file. You can also download it from the Account > Export Data screen. Completed exports will be available for download for 48h after being generated.
Note: The exported values of any Vaulted passwords will be the encrypted versions and users will not be able to decrypt them at this time.
All exports in progress will appear under this section of the page. Click the Cancel button to cancel any pending export. You will be asked to confirm before the cancellation is executed.
All completed exports will appear under this section of the page. You can view the export title, date and time it was created, and its expiration date. Click to download the file.
If the export was encrypted, that means that each single file within the zip folder is encrypted. Encrypted exports display a padlock icon next to the export title. Note that while it is possible to view the contents of the folder with no password, the correct password is required to view any of the files.
Caution: In Windows 10, you may only be prompted to enter the password once. Subsequent access of the zipped folder on the same computer will not prompt you for the password again. Please note that we observe that this behaviour occurs as part of the Windows OS and not as part of IT Glue.
Exporting all data from a global asset
- Click on Global in the top navigation bar.
- Click on any of the below assets:
- All Flexible Asset types
- In the global asset list view page, click on the Export button in the top-right corner.
Note: If you filter the list view, click the Export button will return only filtered assets in the CSV export.
You also have the option to export smaller subsets of data. Refer to our Exporting a list of assets KB article for instructions.