This article explains how to embed diagrams created with Lucidchart (www.lucidchart.com) in IT Glue. You will also learn how to add hyperlinks within a diagram that will open the relevant assets in IT Glue. We'll refer to network diagrams in this article but you can use any kind of diagram that Lucidchart supports.
Getting the embed code from Lucidchart
- Log in to your Lucidchart account and create a network diagram.
- In the top-right corner, click the Share button.
- Click Advanced.
- From the left side of the Share dialog, choose Embed.
- Select either Medium or Large from the drop down and then click the Activate Embed Code button to activate the code.
- Copy the activated embed code.
Pasting the embed code in IT Glue
- From IT Glue, find the relevant LAN item from the desired organization and click Edit.
- In the Network Diagram field, click on the Embed Media icon.
- Paste the embed code and click the checkmark to save your changes.
After embedding the code, the image will display and be interactive. You will be able to pan around the image within its window and click + and – buttons to zoom in and out.
Adding hotspots to the diagram
You can revisit your Lucidchart diagram and create hotspots for each device that will take you directly to the device in IT Glue.
Note: Hotspots are available to Lucidchart Professional and Team accounts.
- From IT Glue, navigate to the relevant organization and click Configurations in the sidebar.
- Click on the Type drop-down arrows and filter the view to target one type at a time.
- Right-click on a name and select Copy Link Address.
- Navigate back to the network diagram in Lucidchart and right-click the relevant device to open the context menu. Then, select Create Hotspot.
- Click on the drop-down arrows next to Choose an Action and select External Link.
- In the External Link dialog box, paste the link, check Open in new window, and click Done.