Use this article as a guide to create and maintain two integrations between Syncro and IT Glue. Syncro is a combined RMM and PSA platform, so these two integrations will independently pull data from the other platform.
The two integrations described below will do the following:
- Discover all organizations and machines in Syncro
- Match Syncro Customers to IT Glue Organizations
- Suggest organizations based on name, email, and phone number
- Suggest configurations based on exact name
- Add new assets from Syncro to IT Glue
- Add a link to IT Glue in the asset overview in Syncro
- Mark instances in IT Glue "inactive" if an asset is deleted in Syncro
For more information about the device mappings, see RMM Field Mappings.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- If you're integrating with a PSA and an RMM, you will want to first sync your RMM to your PSA and your PSA to IT Glue to make sure that the required data is available for matching.
- A Manager role will only be able to see RMM matched/unmatched data for organizations that they have explicit access to. To grant access to RMM data for all organizations, refer to Step 7 of our Adding and removing users KB article.
Configure Syncro integration
- Log in to Syncro, navigate to More > App Centre, and click on the IT Glue icon.
- On the next page, click Configure Integration.
- Enter your IT Glue API key and click Continue.
- On the How it works page, click Start Syncing. Wait for the initial sync to complete.
- Map your Syncro Asset device types to your IT Glue configuration types in the Desktop, Laptop, and Server fields. Click Next.
- Review that your IT Glue organizations are matched to your Syncro customer names and click Next. If they are not matched, you can manually update the name by clicking the refresh icon in the Change column.
- Check the Enable integration box and click Finish.
Configure your IT Glue integration
IT Glue talks to Syncro via API to monitor for devices so we can perform our routine sync. We recommend that you create a new Syncro "Master" account (preferably named itglue) with permission to view the assets for which you'd like to sync (settings should be in "Role" and "Scope").
- Log in to IT Glue and navigate to Account > Integrations. Then, click on the green + New button and then on the Syncro icon.
- Enter your Syncro Fully Qualified Domain Name (company.syncro.com) and API key (your login credentials) and then click Connect.
- To obtain the API Key, navigate to Administration > Users in Syncro.
- Click on your username in the Users screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, copy the API key, and paste it into IT Glue.
- From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions > Start Manual Sync.
- When the sync is complete, the Status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
IT Glue discovers organizations and configurations and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic can be found in the Introduction section of this article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually actioned.
- From the Account Integrations screen, find your RMM in the list and click on Actions > Matching.
- In the Unmatched tab, review the unmatched organizations.
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it.
- If there is no suggested match, or it is incorrect, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To field.
- If no organization exists in IT Glue, you can choose to create an organization. You can also choose to ignore groups, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning. Before creating an organization from the matching screen, ensure that no corresponding organization already exists, otherwise a duplicate will be created.
- If any matches are incorrect, click on Actions > Change Match and select a different organization to match to.
Once all organizations have been matched, the same process should be followed for any unmatched configurations.
- From the Matched tab, choose any organization that has unmatched configurations, click the Actions button, and select Match Devices.
- For any unmatched configurations, you can either accept the suggested match, search for an IT Glue configuration by entering the name in the Match To column, or create a new configuration by clicking Actions > Create Configuration.
- Before you create configurations, first match any of the devices based on MAC addresses or serial number, for example, virtual servers. When you're done matching, you can create (in bulk or individually) any of the remaining devices coming in from your RMM.
Important. We don't recommend that you create configurations from your RMM if you'd like to then have them populate from IT Glue to your PSA. New items created from such data will not sync with your PSA unless you choose to do so manually by editing and saving each and every item. This is absolutely manual and is not recommended.
- Repeat for each organization until all configurations are actioned.
Once everything is matched, the RMM setup is complete. At any time, you can come back to these instructions to discover and match new organizations and configurations from your RMM.
Before an organization, site, location, or company in an RMM tool can sync with IT Glue to create an IT Glue organization, you must add at least one configuration to it. If there are none and the organization does not already exist in IT Glue from any other source, then it will not appear in IT Glue. In this case, you will need to create it manually.
Only RMM companies that have at least one RMM record will sync into IT Glue.