Please note: All partners can preview documents in Office Online, but the edit feature is only available for partners subscribed to current (2017 or later) Enterprise plans.
This article shows you how to edit GlueFiles documents directly in IT Glue.
Online Documents Supported by Microsoft
View-only formats for Office Online:
Word: .doc, .dot, .dotx
PowerPoint: .pot, .potm, .potx, .pps, .ppsm, .ppt, .pptm
Visio: .vsd, .vsdm, .vsdx
View and Edit formats for Office Online:
Word: .docx, .docm, .odt
Excel: .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .ods
PowerPoint: .pptx, .ppsx, .odp.
Per Microsoft's Office for the Web file size limitations, refer to the below list to ensure your file is viewable and editable from IT Glue:
- Excel spreadsheets must be less than 5 MB
- Word documents must be less than 50 MB
- PowerPoint presentations must be less than 300 MB
- Log in to your IT Glue account and navigate to Organizations > Documents.
- Click + New > File Upload to upload a document.
The document will now appear in the Document list view. Editable documents will show an Office icon beside the title.
Alternatively, you can also open your Finder/Explorer, select your files, and drag and drop directly into the Documents list view. Windows 10 users with an OS role of "Administrator" will not be able to drag and drop files into Documents List View in an Organization when using Chrome.
- To view a document, click the document name. The document will open in Office Online in a new browser tab.
- Note that a Microsoft login is not required for you to view a document.
- If you wish to view or download a PDF version of your file, use the File > Print menu option in Office Online.
- To edit a document, click the Office icon.
- Note that a Microsoft login is required for you to edit a document. If you do not have an account, return to the list view and click on the document name to view only.
Once your edits are made, the document is autosaved in IT Glue. You can view the save status in the top bar next to your document title in Office Online and then close the document. Storage of the document remains in IT Glue.
If you have custom SSL enabled, you need to have finished configuring your CNAME and DNS setup. Refer to our SSL branding
KB for more details.