This guide will help you get started with your registered PSA company. This is designed for the administrators responsible for setting up and managing the BMS software solution. Depending on the size of your organization, you may want to limit the number of Global Administrators (the highest level of permissions) in your system.
Before creating tickets and projects, assigning to-dos, generating invoices, and running reports, you'll want to add some basic data specific for your company in the Admin Module.
Setting up Your Company
- Creating departments, roles, and rates for billing
- Custom fields to add to existing forms.
- Setting up account types and codes to integrate with your accounting software.
- Preconfiguring drop-down lists – faster and easier to complete forms
- Creating workflow rules to automate daily tasks and communicate with external and internal customers.
Human Resources - HR
Adding/Managing the Employees
- Selecting job titles and placing them in the right department.
- Tracking personal contacts, wage history, time off balances.
- Applying the proper access level to BMS.
- Quickly producing organization charts to visually see your company structure.
Set up the Contracts/Billing
- Use roles and rates and services in the already entered into the system to create T&M,
- Recurring, fixed price, prepaid hours, and prepaid dollar contracts.
- Review time and expense entries
- Generate invoices or transfer to QuickBooks.
Create Projects and Assign Tasks
- Manage and monitor progress on a project dashboard.
- Real-time updates on estimated hours and used hours and budgets.
Create and manage Support Tickets
- Access the dashboard by priority, by issue, by the client, etc.
- Set up queues to manage tickets with common themes.
- Store and track all the assets your customers have
- Automatic alerts displayed and sent when a contract or warranty is set to expire.
Store and Manage all the Accounts
- Clients, prospects, vendors, etc.
- Access contacts with phone numbers, emails, notes, and future activities.
- Create and track opportunities and see all this information in pipeline reports.
- Organized by modules, you will find it easy to run the reports you need for Service Desk – Projects – CRM – Finance – Time-sheet and Expenses.
- With easy to use filters, you can generate and export in a multitude of formats.
BMS cloud-based solution runs on our servers, which means that the only requirements to run our application are:
- Any device with a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.)
- Internet Connection
PSA server details
Our PSA is hosted on four different servers based on your region and your product subscription.
- US server: https://bms.kaseya.com
- UK server: https://bmsemea.kaseya.com
- APAC server: https://bmsapac.kaseya.com
- Vorex: https://www.vorexlogin.com
https://<yourpsaserver> will be used to reference your PSA server login page in our guides.
Typically a new user receives a welcome email similar to the sample below. Mail is sent to the email address registered by sales when creating your company.
Accessing your PSA
- Use a browser to log into https://<yourpsaserver> for example https://bms.kaseya.com
- Enter your credentials:
- Company Name
If you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password link and the following screen appears.
- Enter your email address and Company Name
- When you hit Reset Password it will send you an email with a new password
How to Navigate the Software
Global Navigation Bar
When you log in to your company, a horizontal navigation bar runs along the TOP with words such as Service Desk, CRM, Finance, and Projects. This bar is called the global navigation bar and each of these words is the heading of a BMS module.
When you click on a module, such as the Service Desk module, the tab gets highlighted.
Local Navigation Bar
On the left side of the screen, a vertical navigation bar shows a list of options you can select.
This is called the local navigation bar. Selecting one of these options takes you further into the module.
Continuing in the Service Desk module, you can view a ticket screen by clicking the word Tickets located in the local navigation bar.
Click on your name on the right of the top navigation bar
The My Profile section enables you to personalize your BMS user experience.
- Set your BMS photo. Images should be width equal to the height. System auto-scales after the upload.
- Stores your personal information and contact information.
- Changes your password.
- Under preferences, Sets your default landing page when you log in.
- Option to enable MFA
- Company and Gateway details.
- User-level integrations like ITGlue, Liveconnect.
Edit Access by URL
BMS supports edit access by URL for the following types of records:
Tickets by Ticket ID
Projects by Project ID
Tasks by Task ID
ID is the database identified for a certain record. To identify the ID of a ticket, project, or task, create an Ad Hoc report that includes the Ticket ID, or Project ID, or Task ID columns, along with additional columns to help identify the corresponding ID.
Note: Help for Adhoc reports can be found here