Note: These settings will need to be reinstated after an upgrade.
Question: How do I change my Traverse Database Backup Location? (This applies only to a Windows Installation)
Resolution: As a default, Traverse stores all Database backups(MySQL and Provisioning Database) in <Traverse Home>/database/backup. But this can be altered by following these steps:
- Navigate to <Traverse Home>\utils
- Edit the "db_backup.cmd" file. (ensure that you create a copy of this file before making changes)
- Edit the path for BACKUP_DIR to the desired location you wish to store the backups.
For example, my desired directory is C:\temp
- You will also need to edit NEW_BACKUP_DIR by removing %INSTALL_DIR%\ this ensures the MySQL databases are backed up to the new backup directory:
- It should look like this:
- Please add a note when working with Support that these settings have been changed.
- Other articles within the Knowledge Base assume that the database backups are in the default folder. If following those articles, appropriate substitutions referencing the new path must be made.
- Also note, the new path chosen must not slow the backup speed as this may have a negative impact on the performance of Traverse.
- These settings will need to be reinstated after an upgrade.