This guide lists some of the frequently asked questions about Email parser.
How to create an email parser?
Refer to this guide to set up your email parser.
How are replies added to a ticket?
- Message threading is based on the message-id of the email. The ticket number in the subject line is used as a fallback option. Refer to this detailed guide.
Why is the connection failing when creating a parser?
- Email parsers in PSA use the IMAP protocol to parse the emails from a mailbox to tickets. If the setup fails due to any connection issues, we recommend testing your configuration on the test connectivity tool. Refer to this detailed guide.
Are all my emails read when I create a parser?
- Only new emails in the mailbox will be converted to a ticket once the newly created parser is active.
How do I stop tickets creation of my older emails?
- On an existing parser if you do not want emails to be converted to a ticket. Delete and recreate the parser in PSA. This will only convert the new emails to tickets after recreation.
Why do I get an error 500 when creating the parser?
- Check if your password has any HTML tags in it and remove them. The system doesn't accept any HTML tags.
The system is not creating tickets for only one of my Clients.
- Email parser doesn't process any emails that contain Body text Base64 and will skip it. Check if the email source of your client contains this encoding.
How do I block ticket creation for any emails?
- You can use the blacklist feature. Refer to this guide.
Why are my emails going to unknown tickets?
- For emails coming from a sender whose contact is not present in PSA, Parser creates them as unknown tickets. Refer to this detailed guide.
Is Oauth with email parser supported for all service providers?
- Currently, Oauth is only supported for O365 clients. Refer to this guide for the setup.
How does the Account association work for duplicate contacts?
- Duplicate contacts are supported in CRM.
- If an email belongs to multiple/different accounts, and all entries are active; the Email parser will skip this and create a ticket under Unknown tickets.
- If an email belongs to multiple/different accounts, and only one entry is active; the Email parser will choose the active contact to create the ticket.
- If the contact email entries are duplicated inside a single account, the Parser will choose this account for ticket creation.