Below you will find documentation for the R9.5 release as well as a pre- and post-install checklist.
- You must be on R9.3 or R9.4 to upgrade to R9.5 - if you are on an earlier release, please upgrade to R9.3 or R9.4 before installing R9.5.
- Using SSL (HTTPS) to secure web-based traffic is recommended. To use SSL, the new Kaseya Application Firewall introduced in 7.0 needs an SSL Certificate.
- If you are currently using SSL, and are upgrading from version 6.5 or earlier, you must import your existing certificate into the new Kaseya Application Firewall.
- The R9.5 Install will automatically configure IIS to listen on port 18081 to operate with the new Kaseya Application Firewall.
- The R9.5 Install will automatically configure SSRS, if installed on the server, to listen on port 18086 to operate with the Kaseya Application Firewall.
- Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that may be running on the new server during the upgrade process. Anti-virus can interfere with the installation of Kaseya as it can block and/or lock files during the installation process. After the installation of Kaseya we recommend to set exclusions for the entire Kaseya directory (typically C:\Kaseya).
- As with any software upgrade we recommend having a full backup of your ksubscribers database as well as Kaseya directories. More details are available in the installation guide above.
- If you are running Windows Firewall on the System, make sure you have opened ports 5721, 80 and 443 inbound/outbound or you will not be able to reach the system remotely.
- Verify agents are checking in.
- Verify you are able to update agents. (Note, no more than 100 agents should be updated at the same time. Please stagger accordingly to prevent performance issues.)
- Verify reports are working
- Verify the new Kaseya Remote Control works (note: you must update your agents so they have the new Kaseya functionality after installing R9.5 as stated above)