This document describes fixes introduced in the 10.4 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, and Unitrends Backup.
This release adds these new features:
- Multiple hot backup copy targets - You can now copy backups from your source backup appliance to multiple hot backup copy targets. This feature enables you to add one or more Unitrends appliance and Unitrends Cloud targets to a single source appliance. For details, see these topics in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, and Unitrends Backup:
- Log truncation for image-level backups – This release adds a new Allow application aware option to run image-level backups that truncate logs of hosted Exchange and SQL applications. Configure this setting by checking these boxes in the Edit Asset dialog: Show Image Level Backup Settings and Allow application aware. For details, see these topics in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, and Unitrends Backup:
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
- Backup copy to Amazon S3 - Resolved an issue where the copy job was terminated due to insufficient space, even though no space limit had been configured for the S3 target. With this fix, space is dynamically added as needed to the S3 bucket so that jobs complete successfully.
- Preparing disk media – Resolved an issue where CentOS 7 appliances could not prepare disk media containing backup copies that were written by a CentOS 6 appliance. The operation would fail with a Failed to prepare device for use error.
- Windows replica with hosted SQL application – Resolved an issue where replica recovery and related DRaaS recovery failed due to missing SQL metadata. This fix requires the 10.4 Windows agent.