Google Nearline Backup Copy Storage How To
Add Google Nearline backup copy storage.
Set up the storage on Google Cloud Platform:
Add the target from the Unitrends UI:
- From Google Cloud Platform, select Storage
- Select Browser and create a new bucket using storage class "Nearline"
- Create a folder within the bucket to be used as the storage location.
- Select Browser -- Settings -- Interoperability and select "Enable"
- Make note of your Access Key and Secret.
Note: The customer will not be able to see the backup copy in the Google Nearline UI. This needs to be done from a command line on the customer r's side.
- From the Unitrends UI, goto Configure -- Appliances -- Backup Copy Targets -- Add Target -- Cloud
- Select Google Cloud Storage
- Change the default name (Must be less than 9 characters)
- Add the storage path <bucket name>/<folder>/ (lower case letters, numbers, dash '-', period '.', and underscore '_'. ONLY)
- Add the Access Key and Secret from Google Cloud Platform
- Consider setting a storage threshold