After an upgrade to the Unitrends Client Agent 7.1 (or newer), my Oracle backups are failing with a credentials error.
This describes what to do if you upgraded to 7.1 or later and your Oracle backups are failing with a credentials error
If you upgrade the Unitrends appliance to release 7.1 (or newer) and are running Oracle backups, you must upgrade the Client Agent to the same release as the Unitrends appliance and configure the Oracle Instance portion in the Protected Asset page with the Oracle credentials as followed:
- For Windows clients, register the client with administrative trust credentials, then follow the steps below to add credentials for the individual database instances. Review the Knowledge Base Article 4476 titled "How to configure the Oracle agent on Windows"
- For Linux and Solaris clients, install the agent and register the client to the Unitrends system, then follow the steps below to add credentials for the individual database instances.
First, make sure you have upgraded the Unitrends Client Agent on the Oracle server to the same release as the Unitrends Appliance. Then follow these instructions to create a new credential for the Oracle database.
To create a new credential for an Oracle
Note: The credentials input here must be system level users in the Oracle Database Administrators group.
In the HTML 5 /ui/#/ Web Administrative Interface:
- Click on: CONFIGURE (page) > Protected Asset (tab)
- Click the arrow next to the Protected Asset that has the Oracle server in it. Find the Oracle instance, and click the check box to the left of the name. Click Edit (button).
- Click Manage Credentials and add the Oracle user that is the Oracle Database Administrator.
- Click Save.