This document describes new features and fixes introduced in the 10.7.1 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
- Rebooting the Unitrends appliance is recommended upon upgrading to this release.
Applied appliance security updates.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.7.1 core agent is recommended for most Windows assets and is required for Windows fixes in this release.
Consider the following before upgrading the Windows agent:
- Secure agent pairing – Beginning in Windows agent release 10.6.6, a secure pairing is automatically established between the appliance and the Windows agent on each of its protected assets. This pairing enables Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt data and authenticate connections between appliances and agents. Communication between appliances and agents is only allowed if there is a matching (paired) certificate.
- If upgrading from a pre-10.6.9 agent release, backups may fail until the pairing completes successfully (this can take up to two hours).
- To protect Hyper-V clusters, SQL clusters, or file server clusters with the secure agent pairing feature:
- The cluster must be running agent version 10.6.9 or higher.
- The Unitrends appliance and cluster must be running in the same time zone.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
- Fixed an issue that could degrade database performance.
- Fixed an issue that could impact appliance resources.
- Fixed an issue that could result in an unnecessary database restart.
- Fixed an issue where changing the appliance IP address could cause the appliance to lose connectivity.
- Image-level backups – Fixed an issue that could cause the indexing feature to create extra files.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain SMTP servers to block email reports.
- Windows image-level replicas – Fixed an issue that could prevent the replica from entering audit mode.