A quick run-down of how to see what jobs are running and what is being backed up as part of those jobs
You need to know what the appliance is currently backing up.
To see what is currently running:
Option 1 - Dashboard tab:
To see a short list of active jobs open the web GUI and check the ACTIVE JOBS tile on the DASHBOARD tab:
Option 2 - Jobs tab:
To see a more expansive list of active jobs open the web GUI and navigate to JOBS > Active Jobs:
Option 3 - Command line/SSH method:
Connect to your appliance via SSH or console access and execute the following command:
watch -d "psql -c 'select job_no,node_name,key1,key2,comment from bp.jobs join bp.nodes using (node_no) join bp.application_instances using (instance_id)'"
The output should look something like this:
Every 2.0s: psql -c 'select job_no,node_name,key1,key2,comment from bp.jobs join bp.nodes using (node_no) join bp.application_instances using (instance_id)' Tue Jan 8 13:00:04 2019
job_no | node_name | key1 | key2 | comment
287926 | Win2012r2 | | | Transferred 122.70 GB (Avg 4.5 GB/min, 77.50 MB/s)
284751 | SP1 | Farm | |
284483 | SP2 | Farm | | Unfolding Backup Set
To see what files are backed up in a file-level backup:
Option 1 - While the backup is in progress:
1. Login to the server which is being backed up and look for the latest log located in one of the sub-directories found in C:\PCBP\Catalog.dir\
2. You may close and reopen this log file occasionally to see new data which has been written to it, repeat as needed.
Option 2 - After the backup has completed:
1. Login to the web GUI and navigate to Reports > Backup > Backup History
2. Select the backup you want to get the list of files from and click Details
3. Click on one of the headers such as "Size(KB)" or "File Name" at the top to sort as needed, or export the list to CSV using the "Export CSV" button.