This document describes enhancements and fixes introduced in the 10.4.3 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
This release adds host-level support for vSphere 7.0 environments. You can now:
To run host-level backups for VMs hosted in vCenter 7.0 or ESXi 7.0, the following requirements and limitations apply:
- Deploy the Unitrends Backup virtual appliance to your vSphere 7.0 environment. For details, see the Deployment Guide for Unitrends Backup on VMware.
- Protect vSphere 7.0 virtual machines by running host-level backups.
- The Unitrends appliance must be running release 10.4.6.
- The vCenter must not be configured to use the Server High Availability feature. High Availability is not supported.
- Hosted VMs must not be configured to use VM encryption. The VM encryption feature and features that require VM encryption (such as virtual TPM) are not supported.
- Hosted VMs must not be configured to use NVDIMM. NVDIMM devices and controllers are not supported.
- Hosted VMs must not be configured to use Microsoft Virtualization Based Security (VBS). VBS is not supported.
- If a vCenter 7.0 VM migrates to a different vCenter, that VM is no longer protected on the original Unitrends schedule. You must manually add it to a new schedule to resume protection.
For additional VMware requirements, see VMware virtual machines in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series,
Recovery MAX, and Unitrends Backup.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.4.6 core agent is recommended for all
Windows assets and is required for Windows fixes in this release.
||For Windows image-level backups of UEFI systems, backups may auto-promote to a new full after upgrading from a pre-10.4.4 agent if a Microsoft System Partition has the same disk/partition number as another volume.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
|Cold Backup Copy
- Importing copies – Resolved an issue that could cause the import to fail due to insufficient space in the working directory.
- Auto-promotion after a failed differential backup – Resolved an issue where the next backup was not promoted to a full after a differential had failed with this error: SQL Server error 3035 - Cannot perform a differential backup for database <DBname>, because a current database backup does not exist. This fix requires the 10.4.6 Windows agent.