This document describes new features and fixes introduced in the 10.6.1 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
NEW - ION and ION+ appliances
New ION/ION+ desktop appliances are now available as a completely silent micro desktop (ION models) or a powerful and ultra-quiet desktop tower (ION+ models). Perfect for offices with no server room or MSPs scaling backup to small customer sites. For details, see ION/ION+ Models.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.6.1 core agent is recommended for all Windows assets.
||The 10.6.1 Windows agent includes an updated Windows Volume changed block tracking (CBT) driver (used for incremental image-level backups). Note the following:
- Upon installing the agent on a Windows asset for the first time, a reboot of the Windows machine is required.
- For agent upgrades, a reboot is required to update the CBT driver, but incrementals continue to run as scheduled until you can reboot the Windows machine.
- Unitrends has implemented a new agent CBT driver process. With this new process, a reboot of the Windows machine will only be required for major CBT version changes. Major driver changes are very infrequent, incremental backups will not be impacted.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
- Fixed an issue that caused backups of VMs hosted on AHV Server 5.15 to fail on
appliances running version 10.6.1.
|AHV VM Recovery
- Fixed an issue that caused recovery of AHV UEFI VMs to fail.
|Migration of Unitrends
- Resolved an issue that could cause migration from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 to fail in
- some cases.
- Applied appliance security updates.
|SNMP trap notifications
- Resolved an issue where upgrading the appliance could break trap notifications if SNMP was configured with a custom Community.