Instructions for creating USB flash drive for imaging a next-generation or S-series appliance
Instructions for creating a new USB image for imaging NextGen Appliances.
- Install imageUSB and ext2fsd on the Windows machine (see Notes for links)
- Plug-in the USB flash drive to the Windows machine
- Start imageUSB and select the correct drive (Step 1)
- In Step 2, select Write image to USB
- In Step 3, click the Browse button to select the .bin or .ios Appliance Image File that you downloaded.
- In Step 4 click the Write button. The writing process will begin.
- Once completed, exit from imageUSB and safely remove and eject the USB flash drive.
- Insert into a USB 2.0 port on the Recovery Appliance and boot to being the image process.
The ROS90013_usb.el6.x86_64-052316_1702.bin Factory Image was used for this example, which is for the new S series systems (e.g.: 714S-xxx-xxxxx).