Unitrends 10.0.0-5 resolves an issue with release 10.0.0.-2, where roll-up of VMware incrementals produced a malformed synthetic full backup. This issue impacted only VMware synthetic fulls created by appliances running 10.0.0-2. With this fix, the appliance checks for any VMware synthetic fulls that were created with release 10.0.0-2 and, if found, promotes the next incremental to a natural full.
For complete upgrade instructions and considerations, see the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup 10.0. For details on customer-discovered issues that were resolved in previous releases, see Customer Found Defects for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup 10.X.
If you have not yet upgraded your appliance to version 10.0.0-2, the following enhancements will be included in this release:
Copy Data Management addresses the following scenarios for your virtual and physical workloads:
Copy Data Management
• Certifying that your backups fulfill the requirments specified in your business continuity plan. This includes everything from verifying RPO/RTO compliance to ensuring that specific processes on your VMs will function as expected following failover.
• Orchestrating failover from certified recovery points in the event of a disaster.
• Accessing production data as fully functional VMs contained within isolated testing labs. These instant labs allow you to perform update testing, run compute intensive reports, and perform business analytics operations without affecting your production environment.
SLA Policy Automation
With release 10.0, you can use SLA policies to quickly implement a protection strategy that aligns with your business continuity plan. Simply create an SLA policy and the appliance automatically creates the backup and backup copy jobs needed for the RPO and retention settings you specified.
This release supports host-level protection of VMs that reside on Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V Server 2016 platforms. For details on protecting Hyper-V 2016, see page 11 of the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup 10.0.
The Unitrends Linux agent offers asset protection compatible with a wide variety of distributions, now including:
• Ubuntu 16.10
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3
• Debian 8.7
Unitrends Backup and Recovery Series appliances can now protect the latest Mac OS 10.12 machines.
Unitrends Backup and Recovery Series appliances can now protect Citrix XenServer 7.1 environments.
Release 10.0 includes the following usability enhancements:
• New UI theme options.
• New Backup Summary dashboard tile design.
• Edit Appliance dialog design enhancements.
• Mouse-over to view the job IDs of items in the backup catalog.
• Browse a list of available target directories for file-level recovery.