This document describes enhancements and fixes introduced in the 10.4.4 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
SQL Server 2019
This release adds support for SQL Server 2019. To protect your SQL Server 2019 environment:
- The Unitrends appliance must be running release 10.4.4.
- The SQL server must be running Windows agent version 10.4.4.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.4.4 core agent is recommended for all Windows assets and is required for Windows fixes in this release.
||For Windows image-level backups of EFI systems, backups may auto promote to a new full if a Microsoft System Partition has the same disk/partition number as another volume.
This release includes updated Linux agents. The 10.4.4 agent is recommended for all Linux assets and is required for Linux fixes in this release.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
- Windows file-level synthetic backups – Resolved an issue that could cause synthetic differential backups to fail sporadically with this error: Failed to resolve hardlink. This fix requires the Windows 10.4.4 agent.
- Linux file-level pre-backup command – Fixed an issue where the output from a pre-backup command script was not being detected properly by the Unitrends agent. With this fix, the agent now cancels the backup as expected if a non-zero error code is returned by the script. This fix requires the Linux 10.4.4 agent.
|Hot Backup Copy
- Fixed a comparison issue that could cause the backup copy service to stop in older versions.
- Windows replicas – Fixed an issue that could cause the UI to hang when attempting to create a Windows replica.
- Windows UEFI replicas – Fixed an issue where the replica halted because a volume had been assigned to the wrong partition/disk location. This fix requires the Windows 10.4.4 agent. After installing the 10.4.4 agent, run a full file-level backup and use this backup to create a new Windows replica.